Christmas is so much fun! Minus all those annoying little issues...like crazy traffic, undercooked leftovers that make you throw up (yep, really happened---and I was the one who cooked it, too), and so on.
Christmas Eve, we ate a "breakfast" lunch at Katrina's. She is such a great cook and host. Richard even bullied me around a bit. It's all in good fun. That night, we went to my brother-in-law's house for dinner and to have a white elephant gift party. My nieces are learning to open up the gifts that I bring...they are the least stupid out of all the gifts that everyone brings. Keeping in mind that stupid gifts are sorta the point.
Thank you to everyone who got us such thoughtful and wonderful presents! Ben and I really appreciate it!
Christmas day we watched funny online videos in the morning, then visited Ben's other brother, oo'ing and aw'ing over what they got for Christmas. I'm telling you they didn't have this kind of cool stuff when we were kids. We were lucky to have an iron hoop that we rolled down frozen streets with a wet noodle. My dad says all that exercise was good for me, like how he used to run away from yaks as a kid.
Can't trust yaks. Temperamental things.
We saw the new Narnia movie with Ben's mom and other brother. It was lots of fun...not as much fun as yaks, but I make do. Then we visited with Ben's father and his wife. They fed me bread and water. No joke. But hey, I literally asked for it, so there you are.
Chuck Norris fact of the day:
Chuck Norris has never worn glasses in his life. If he can't see it, then it doesn't exist.
Video link of the day:
Joke of the day: WARNING: It is PG-13!
RULE BOOK FOR GUYS
Rules from men to women:
Men are NOT mind readers.
Learn to work the toilet seat. Youre a big girl. If its up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You dont hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
Sunday sports . Its like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
Crying is blackmail.
Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. Thats what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
A headache that lasts for 17 months is a Problem. See a doctor.
Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.
If you wont dress like the Victoria s Secret girls, dont Expect us to act like soap opera guys.
If you think youre fat, you probably are. Dont ask us.
If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one
You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
If we ask what is wrong and you say nothing, We will act like nothings wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
If you ask a question you dont want an answer to, Expect an answer you dont want to hear.
When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine
Dont ask us what were thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.
You have enough clothes.
You have too many shoes.
I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
Rules from men to men:
1. Any man who brings a camera to a bachelor party may be legally killed and eaten by his fellow partygoers.
2. Under no circumstances may two men share an umbrella.
3. It is ok for a man to cry under the following circumstances:
a) The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her blouse b) After wrecking your boss' Ferrari c) When your date is using her teeth
4. Unless he murdered someone in your family, you must bail a friend out of jail within 12 hours.
5. If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever, unless you actually marry her.
6. The minimum amount of time you have to wait for a guy who's running late is 5 minutes. Maximum waiting time is 6 minutes
7. Bitching about the brand of free beer in a buddy's fridge is forbidden. Gripe at will if the temperature is unsuitable.
8. No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday present for another man. (In fact, even remembering your buddy's birthday is strictly optional.)
9. When stumbling upon other guys watching a sporting event, you may always ask the score of the game in progress, but you may never ask who's playing.
10. Friends don't let friends wear Speedos. Ever. Issue closed.
11. If a man's zipper is down, that's his problem --- you didn't see nothin'.
12. Women who claim the "love to watch sports" must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to pick a buffalo wing clean.
13. If you complement a guy on his six-pack, you'd better be talking about his choice of beer.
14. Phrases that may not be uttered to another man while lifting weights: a) Yeah, Baby, Push it! b) C'mon, give me one more! Harder! c) Another set and we can hit the showers! d) Nice Ass, are you a Sagittarius?
15. Never talk to a man in a bathroom unless you are on equal footing: both urinating, both waiting in line, etc. For all other situations, an almost imperceptible nod is all the conversation you need.
16. When a buddy is trying to hook up, you may sabotage him only in a manner that gives you no chance of hooking up either.
If you're a guy: You will laugh a little and realize how true this is!
If you're a woman: Laugh and roll your eyes at our stupidity!